
My style has changed a lot since I was a teen. Like, a lot a lot. Luckily for all of us, the magic of Facebook is here to archive all of those less fortunate life choices and turn them into a handy-dandy Timeline feature you can share with your friends endlessly (and shamelessly). In the spirit of publicly embarrassing myself before some boy I Facebook friend trolls through all of my photos hoping to find something of me shirtless (I know I'm not the only one who does that)[not to myself, to like, other boys], here are five of the biggest changes in my style over the last few years (with pictures!)[duh.]
Click through to continue reading this post!

Like, really into jeans. I became aware of the "fashion denim" thing in my senior year of high school and felt so boss when someone in class recognized I was wearing a pair of Seven jeans (pictured far left; also note how I own that Williams Sonoma.) I also had pairs from AG Adriano Goldschmied (pictured second to left), Nudie, Acne (pictured second to right), True Religion and Earnest Sewn (pictured far right, paired with Onitsuka Tigers what?) I was so caught up in the craze, reading denim blogs and scouting out whatever Ashley Olsen was wearing on Perez Hilton. I insisted that the "fit" was so worth it - except that a lot of brands still didn't make men's jeans small enough for me. Even when they did I pulled that hetero-American male thing and went a size too big (or two.) I still wear jeans, of course, but I have far fewer pairs and am more into vintage bellbottoms at this point, trends be damned. (See the pair I'm wearing most often right now here.)

I don't really know why or how I was so into polos a few years ago, because I can't stand polos now. Oh, except for this one, which is supercute and vintage. I think moving from California to Virginia just dumped me into this prep vortex in high school and all of a sudden I loved everything J. Crew and Ralph Lauren. But not like, cool Ralph Lauren - like, mall Ralph Lauren. I spent so much friggin' money on these things...thinking about it now makes me cringe. But I look totally awesome in that big pony polo, right guys? So it was all worth it.

I think if anyone from high school is reading this post, they'll remember how often I used to wear slogan tees. They were "my thing". I remember being ticked off my senior year when I wasn't chosen as best dressed in the yearbook, as if the rotating one-liners I'd been parading around on my chest the past two years should've blown everyone's fucking mind. I guess the fact that the nearest Urban Outfitters was like an hour away made me feel entitled. I went online shopping to bring you this, "I da HO? No, U da HO!" t-shirt, guys!

WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME?! I didn't realize I was so gung-ho about this combo until I started compiling images for this post. Jesus. No wonder I didn't get any in college. I look like I'm on a TLC show competing to see who can most closely resemble Tagg Romney. And I'm winning!
Yes, there are cargo shorts happening here. In two different instances, across space and time. On top of that, I'm also seen wearing hibiscus-print Hurley board shorts. I can't. I just can't...ok, I'm back. I will say that my taste in shorts has improved greatly since cargo shorts happened to me, with additions from Marc Jacobs, Phillip Lim and Assembly New York. Really, though, we should all know that the only pair I'm really in love with are my Daisy Dukes.
Obviously I am now really, really stylish and everyone is constantly jealous of how cool I look. Why else would I have just vlogged about being a sexless shut in? Seriously, though, I personally feel my style has gotten at least a little better over the years (insert shameless plug for my *fruitpunch style Pinterest board - check it out and re-pin/like/tweet 'em all!), I think in large part due to living in China. People are always surprised when I say that, but it was a big turning point for me in terms of learning to feel comfortable articulating a point of view in my outfits and it didn't hurt that the shopping was good and cheap. Also - say it with me now - Koreans. There were tens of thousands of Korean expats living in Qingdao, and Koreans are stylish as fuck. How has your style evolved over the years?

