
This edition of Fruit Fancies is a bit more polished than the last...I always clean up my sartorial act, so to speak, in the colder months - plus I found myself virtually encouraged to try out a more streamlined aesthetic thanks to Erin's last wishlist post.
Feeling inspired by the color palette of some of the looks in my Menswear Pears post, my starting point for this outfit was the wonderfully versatile military-inspired Wooyoungmi peacoat. The deep cranberry Rag & Bone sweater will look wonderful underneath, with the chambray collar of the NN.07 washed-denim shirt poking out. Maybe it's playfully popped and your hair is messy in a sexy way (the look of this guy comes to mind.) The Ray Ban wayfarers are a classic touch for day and when you hit up the dimly lit corridors of your date night hotspot you can switch 'em out for some sophisticated YSL Aviator frames. I like the coat paired with selvage denim. I picked this pair from Men of Ilk because they're cuffed in the image and I want them cuffed for this outfit, to better show off the vintage Chelsea boots! And don't forget to grab your effing insanely gorgeous Florian Denicourt tote on the way out the door...
Wooyoungmi, Rag & Bone and NN.07 available at Mr. Porter; frames available at SmartBuyGlasses; Florian Denicourt available at Opening Ceremony; boots via The Cools
