PAPER GANGSTER

12.06.2011


When I was in middle school I assembled my own “magazine” out of various clippings and a few misguided illustrations. I called it Details and remember the disappointment I felt when my mother informed me that this title already existed, but there was still some fleeting joy to be had from my handicraft (although it's long lost.) I suppose that early foray into the format might have been an indication of the obsession to come, and dealing with the sizable collection of magazines it's given rise to over the years was the impetus for this little "project".

To weed out some of the underperformers from my ‘zine stacks (ones I flip through and wonder what on Earth compelled me to keep a special on how to test yourself for breast cancer and a portfolio of Blake Lively modeling swimwear in the first place) I decided to finally invest in a nice binder for my tear sheets and put my Martha Stewart Crafts cutting mat to good use.

After much deliberation, some Twitter guidance and brief browsage through the Muji e-store, I decided my best binder bet was from Russell + Hazel. I went with the gray linen-bound spine and cut off the oversized rubber band that's supposed to keep everything neat, but read just a bit too utilitarian for my tastes. I used a hobby knife and regular ol' plastic sleeves to keep things neat and still glossy/shiny. The binder is now a safe haven for a wide range of my favorite interiors (and one or two bohemian-chic weddings.) In the age of Pinterest and Tumblr it's still nice to have an attractive physical object to piece through for inspiration, don't you think?

Russell + Hazel available at RPS
 

This Fruit Blogs | Sean Santiago © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger