BLAZERS AS OUTERWEAR

11.25.2013

It's about thirty degrees out as I write this and I'm snuggled up by the roaring sexual fire that is Hugh Jackman's chest hair (read: alone in my bed). What's on my mind, aside from naked Hugh Jackman (seriously though, is there any other man you'd rather have keeping you warm at the onset of winter?) is a boiled wool blazer that could function as a suiting separate and outerwear. Obviously, if it's thirty degrees out, you probably want a fairly heavy-duty coat—but for the sake of this post let's just pretend it's October in Paris and you aren't going to die a slow and agonizing death curled up on a curb in the fetal position if you're sans a full-length duffel coat.

Enrique Campos in Paris | Ph. © Tommy TonAngelo Flaccavento | Ph. © Adam Katz Sindig

The examples I've found include Enrique Campos in Paris, looking brills in gray, white and navy, and Angelo Flaccavento in what looks to be a heavier wool suit. This train of thought started when I came across Steven Alan's Joaquin Blazer (below), which fits me incredibly well and is totally gorgeous, but I'm about seven years away from being able to afford it. It's a 75/25 wool/polyester blend, which makes me hesitate because I'm always railing against polyester...but it's also made in the U.S. and is tailored so, so well—plus I just love those pockets! The look is vintage-y, but the cut is contemporary...I could wear it with black pants, jeans, quilted apron front man-skirts layered over pants—the possibilities are endless! I just need to hawk some isht on eBay first...

Steven Alan boiled wool blazer | Thisfruitblogs.com

Follow *fruitpunch everywhere:
 

This Fruit Blogs | Sean Santiago © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger